Warp Speed to Nonsense

Warp Speed to Nonsense

Monday, November 7, 2022

Avast, there be an annoyance ahead

 



Apologies for the late post. I discovered (a bit late) that the Jack Sparrow site that I've been using to watch episodes and pull screencaptures from does not always have full episodes. The last episode (Conundrum) was missing the final scene, which threw me for a loop, but whatever, it was one scene. This episode (Power Play) was missing the back half. I can't fake half of an episode. I could fork over the cash for a Paramount+ account (like our household needs more streaming services), but the odds are good that they've blocked screencaptures, like a lot of those services are doing. So I broke down and ordered season 5 on DVD, which will not only allow those screencaptures, but will also have all of the episodes in their entirety. (I checked this freaking Stede Bonnet site, and surprise, more than just one episode was missing at least half, if not final scenes. You get what you pay for with Anne Bonny internet.)

1 comment:

  1. There are definite advantages to having an authorized, physical copy. I work in a library so I've seen the fallibility of a wide range of formats. Nothing's perfect but at least with a DVD you're not at the mercy of a site that could go down or a streaming service that could lose the rights to content at any minute. Although sometimes you do get more than what you paid for.

    ReplyDelete